Please teach me how

Greetings;

to be able to redirect an assembly listing created by an assembler, to /dev
/usblp3

This command line fails:
[gene@coyote Download]$ mamou -l dcheckmine.asm 2>&1 >/dev/usblp3
bash: /dev/usblp3: Permission denied

Running as the un-priviledged user gene.

And yet this printer is usable through cupsd by me after unplugging and
replugging the parent usb hub AND restarting cups.  It was present on the
system and powered up at the last reboot, but not discovered.

Much of this could be prevented if this printer, at least 3 hubs away from
a motherboard usb port because of its physical location on another desk in
the basement, was discovered at bootup time.  However, in order for udevs
discovery to work, I am finding that after a reboot I must disconnect the
motherboard port to hub cable, wait a few seconds, and then reconnect it,
at which time the discovery works normally.

So, 2 questions really, why can't I (a normal user) use it, and why is it
not properly discovered at bootup?

Greg, you said I should use the udev recorded data to access it, but not
where this data was, can you elaborate on that as my snooping thru /proc
and /sys hasn't found any smoke, let alone the gun.

Many Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
It's not reality or how you perceive things that's important -- it's
what you're taking for it...