Re: xhci_hcd fails to load with acpi=off

>> I'm having problems getting my USB3 controller to work. My situation
>> might be a bit special, because I'm NOT using ACPI in my kernel (which
>> is important for some reason);
> Why are you not using ACPI?  I suggest you get that fixed and working
> first, before you worry about xhci, as odds are that is your problem
> here.

Enabling ACPI is not an option for me in that case. If the behaviour of
xhci I observed is 'intended' (because ACPI might be a mandatory
requirement for xhci to work - and I don't know if this is the case...),
then it's ok. I'm just asking if there is a way to get it working
without ACPI.

Thanks,
Christian