Re: [Patch] Support for Sierra Wireless MC8355/Gobi 3000

Hi Marcel,

thanks for getting back to me.

> so this should be your card:

If you tell me how to get that output, I will gladly compare it and/or
send it to this list.

> for all intense an purposes this is a true Gobi card (not like the
> Option HSO models) and it should be driven by the qcserial driver.

OK.

> The only real difference is that the Gobi 3000 based cards seem to ship
> with firmware pre-loaded so that the firmware loader setting is not
> present.

Interesting. I installed gobi_loader, added the IDs to the udev rules
and added the correct firmware to my system in preparation of this. I
can try if I can run it without this if you want.

Thanks,
Richard