g_audio gadget: retrieving data stream from user-space

Dear all,

I am currently doing some experiments with the g_audio USB gadget. In
fact, I would like to be able to process in user-space the PCM stream
sent by the host and captured by the g_audio gadget driver.

Is this functionality already supported by the current implementation
or is the data path hard-coded in g_audio?

In the case this functionality is already supported, how can the PCM
stream be retrieved from user-space? Would it be needed to emulate a
virtual ALSA sound card in user space or is it possible to directly
“connect” to g_audio via the ALSA library API?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion.

Best regards

Adrien