Re: usb_set_intfdata usage for two subdrivers

On 08/29/2011 03:36 AM, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 02:30:26AM +0300, Antti Palosaari wrote:
I am trying to implement DVB USB device smartcard reader support
using USB-serial.

Really?  Why?  That doesn't seem to make sense, please explain more.

Since it is old style serial smartcard reader, not CCID PC/SC as new readers. I see it a little bit overkill to register virtual HCI and virtual CCID device though it sounds interesting.

There is already one such similar driver, iuu_phoenix, but without DVB support ;) Consider situation I have iuu_phoenix integrated to USB DVB device. Both using same USB enpoint, sharing hardware resources of communication.

The main problem is now that both DVB-USB and
USB-serial uses interface data (usb_set_intfdata / usb_get_intfdata)
for state.

Is there any common solution to resolve issue easily?

No two drivers can bind to the same USB interface, so of course they
would interfere.

Care to explain the problem in more detail to see if there is a better
way to do all of this?

greg k-h

regards
Antti