Re: Question regarding Linux file storage gadget.

Hello.

On 11-08-2011 13:36, B.Vinai Kumar wrote:

What do you mean by user input?

To know the completion, user has to send 'Eject' command for this mass
storage device.

Observation
------------------
I have added a 'printk' in do_write() function. I'm trying to print the
received data length and a 'printk' when Eject command is received.

Is SC_PREVENT_ALLOW_MEDIUM_REMOVAL state in
Linux file storage gadget is equivalent to Eject command?

Eject request corresponds to START/STOP UNIT SCSI command, not to PREVENT/ALLOW MEDIUM REMOVAL.

All these commands are sent by host with out any user intervention.

Little deviation....
Can we know from which LBA offset the data will get stored on a disk?
How is this calculated?

   This depends on the filesystem used.

is there any thing through which we can differentiate between control
data(meta data) and
actual data(which we are interested) by seeing the SCSI command?

You could judge only by the LBA/block count but you need to know the details of your file system.

Thanks,
Vinai.

WBR, Sergei