Re: problem with usb headset on thinkpad W510

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 10:49:06AM -0700, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 09:07:48AM -0400, jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > Try running the latest stable kernel (3.0) and let me know if you still
> > > have this issue.  If you do, enable CONFIG_USB_DEBUG and
> > > CONFIG_USB_XHCI_HCD_DEBUGGING and send me the dmesg from the point that
> > > you plug in the device.
> >
> > the good news is that the headset works fine under 3.0.1 kernel, but then I have problems with my
> > wireless under 3.0.1
>
> Great!  Well, at least great that the xHCI bug is fixed, sorry about
> your wireless. :-/
>
> It looked like you were running a Fedora kernel, was that right?
> One of us should probably file a bug to let them know they need this
> patch in their 2.6.38.8-35.fc15.i686.PAE kernel, or your USB headset
> won't work under xHCI:
>
> cd3c18b USB: xhci - fix interval calculation for FS isoc endpoints
>
> Did they have a newer kernel available in Fedora?

They just pushed out 2.6.40 (it's 3.0 renamed to prevent packages from
breaking, long story).  That looks like it fixes Jason's issues.

I'm not sure if they are going to keep support the 2.6.38 kernel, but if
they do I can easily have them include this patch in there.

Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers,
Don