Re: Question regarding Linux file storage gadget.

On Tue, 9 Aug 2011, B.Vinai Kumar wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using 'Linux file storage' gadget and exposing a RAM partition as
> backing storage. After enumeration on the Host PC if any user copies a
> file to the exposed partition, I would like to detect when this
> copying is completed on Linux File Storage Gadget.
>
> If I know this completion, I would like to process this file.

The only way to be sure that the copy is complete is to wait for the
gadget to be unplugged from the host.

Remember also that the gadget MUST NOT mount the filesystem in the RAM
partition while it is connected to a host.  The USB mass storage
protocol is not meant for file sharing; if CPU on the gadget and the
CPU on the host try to access the files on the backing storage at the
same time, the filesystem will get corrupted.

Alan Stern