Re: question about functionfs and composite gadget

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 18:46:23 +0200, jacob pan <jacob.jun.pan@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I am trying to use functionfs with composite gadget support for
CDC/RNDIS ethernet. For testing, i use the ffs-test tool on the
gadget side and connect it to a PC host. For Linux host, usb0 works
ok. But it seems on the Windows 7 host side, the USB RNDIS driver does
not bind with the device. Is there any additional steps needed to make
ffs composite device work with windows 7? Or this is a limitation on
the windows side?

Have you taken a look at this message:
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/48777>
Apparently, there are some issues with current .inf file distributed with
the
Linux kernel.  Since I'm currently missing both hardware and Windows, I am
yet
to investigate it.

Also, if i have to resort to use ffs in pure configuration and g_ether
as single function gadget. I would need to obtain the hotplug event
when ffs is in use. Then i can switch kernel modules, e.g. from g_ffs to
g_ether. Is it correct to say the hotplug events can only be
obtained from ffs ep0 by reading ffs events? I don't think we are
getting a uevent in this case.

Currently, ffs has no uevents.  It should be fairly easy to add some if
you really need them.  I think ffs_data_open(), ffs_data_close(),
ffs_data_clear() and ffs_data_reset() are functions that are most
interesting.

--
Best regards,                                         _     _
.o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of      o' \,=./ `o