Re: USB power accounting at root hub level

Am Dienstag, 26. Juli 2011, 11:44:01 schrieben Sie:
> Le Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:57:29 +0800,
> Ming Lei <tom.leiming@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> > But what Thomas is wanting is that the max power provided by
> > individual port in root hub can be customized, which is not supported
> > by current kernel, but looks like not difficult to do it.
>
> No, I want to set a global power budget for both ports that are on
> the root hub of my platform. I have a max budget of 700 mA for both
> ports, so I can accept one 500 mA device on one port and another 200 mA
> device on another port, but not two 500 mA devices.

These requirements are identical in consequence.
So you have a budget per hub of 700mA, which translates
into 500mA per port (limit from the spec)
But as soon as you configure a device to actually use
500mA the limit per port would have to drop to 200mA, correct?

	Regards
		Oliver

--
- - -