Re: USB power accounting at root hub level

Le Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:57:29 +0800,
Ming Lei <tom.leiming@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> But what Thomas is wanting is that the max power provided by
> individual port in root hub can be customized, which is not supported
> by current kernel, but looks like not difficult to do it.

No, I want to set a global power budget for *both* ports that are on
the root hub of my platform. I have a max budget of 700 mA for both
ports, so I can accept one 500 mA device on one port and another 200 mA
device on another port, but not two 500 mA devices.

Regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons