Re: xhci_hcd Warn: Stalled Endpoint with USB 3.0 to esata connection

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, M. Steven Ginn wrote:

> ok attached is the output from usbmon (assuming I did it correctly)
>
> please let me know if I didn't and need to rerun it.  I followed the
> instructions using cat to capture the output to 1.mon.out and then
> plugged in my USB 3.0 device

The file looks okay.  And it confirms what I suspected: The Addonics
USB interface is buggy.  It tells the computer that five drives
are attached when there really are only four.

The direct ESATA interface doesn't have this bug.  That would explain
why it works when you hook it up that way and not when you hook it up
over USB.

Also, this appears to have no connection at all with USB-3.  If you
plug the adapter into a USB-2 port, you should see the same kind of
failure.  Try it out.

On the other hand, failure to work with the fifth drive shouldn't
prevent the first four from working.  Your usbmon trace didn't show
what happens when you try to mount one of the drives.

One last thing: It would simplify the usbmon output if you trace only
the bus to which the device is attached.  In this case, that means
copying the 4u file instead of the 0u file, since the drive was
attached
to bus 4.

Alan Stern