Re: normal disconnect-reconnect loop?

On 05/31/2011 11:46 AM, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 31. Mai 2011, 19:28:57 schrieb linux@xxxxxxxxxx:
>

> This screams for bisection. Could you do that?

Do you mean install different kernel versions and find where it stops
working? I don't really know if I could do that.

I think the difficulty would be in assembling the user space
libraries/applications to go with each version of the kernel.

Please provide direction if there's a practical way to do this. I'm
happy to attempt it.

> You could try to kick the HID driver off the device, but frankly this is a case
> for bisection.

Would this be via 'rmmod -f hid'?

This was actually the problem in FreeBSD 7.1, the uhid device was
grabing the device and preventing the ugen (libusb interface?) from
attaching. It was corrected in FreeBSD 7.3 (and is recurring in 8.1)

The 7.3 fix I'm pretty sure involved listing the VID:PID in quirks to
prevent it from being attached by the uhid driver. I'm still digging
into this too, try to fix this same recurrence in 8.1.

> 	Regards
> 		Oliver

Thank you Oliver!

I attached the human readable usbmon output to my reply to Alan, and
also noted the Malformed Packet error reported at the end of Frame 2.

There was an issue previously with low-speed devices maximum 8 byte
packet size. I think it's related to that.

Please let me know if there's a way for me to gather more specific
information...

johnea

p.s. Sorry for previous long lines, I just got the 72 character email
wrap set.