Anyone with experiences of using g_hid with multitouch reports?

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully created a setup that uses the g_hid kernel module to enable a Linux device to "talk USB HID multitouch" with a Windows 7 host?

I have made such an attempt but have not completely succeeded yet. The setup is a Linux device that uses g_hid (using 2.6.37 kernel) and a USB HID Report Descriptor for multitouch using two-touch parallel mode according to Microsoft document http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg487437

DETAILED DESCRIPTION BELOW
Upon connecting the device with a host, and after the initial transfer of USB reports (device, interface, endpoint, string) from the device to the host, I get a Device Configuration feature report sent from the Windows 7 host to the Linux device (so apparently Windows 7 at some level understands that it's dealing with a multitouch device). This report I can parse (it says "multitouch"). I can also send multitouch input reports from the device to the Windows 7 host. Unfortunately only the first of the two touches in the report is used correctly by Windows 7, so effectively I have only created a single touch device. This is understandably my main issue with the current setup...

I have traced the reports using  USB analyzers to validate the contents of the transferred data. All analyzers (three different used: hardware-only, Windows 7-only and Ubuntu 11.04-only) can correctly syntactically parse the input reports based on the report descriptor used.

MY QUESTIONS
I'm attempting to deal with my Windows 7 debugging questions on other fora, but I would like to understand the following about g_hid:
Q1: Is the device/interface/endpoint used in g_hid compatible with Windows 7 for use with multitouch reporting?
Q2: How do I send the "ContactCountMaximum" feature report from the device to the host using g_hid?

Regards,
Pablo Cases

Pablo Cases, M.Sc.
Development Engineer Software