Re: USB cache flush

On Tue, 24 May 2011, Jun OKAJIMA wrote:

> I confirmed you are right.
> Linux USB mass storage driver seems to have
> no delay write function!!!.
>
> I change my question.
>
> Is there any way to enable( or add)
> delay write (or alike) feature to Linux USB?
>
> For example, using loop back mount or....
> Or, adding LD_PRELOAD something to glibc or...
> ( it is enough to do in glibc layer.)

I don't understand why you want to delay USB writes.  That would make
VirtualBox even slower than it is now!

What you really want to do is prevent VirtualBox from flushing its
caches so often.  You should ask people who know about VirtualBox how
to do that.

By the way, are you sure the USB drive is mounted without the "-o sync"
option?

Alan Stern