Re: the problem with general serail gadget driver when re-connect usb cable

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 10:08:33AM +0800, yingchun li wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 9:50 PM, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Hi, Greg
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > For some reason you sent this only to me, which is a bit rude to
> > everyone else on the mailing list.  I'll be glad to respond if you
> > resend it to everyone.
> sorry, my careless, I didn't find that, thanks for note me
> so I resend my question:
> I do a simple test(which write to /dev/ttyGS0 repeatedly,and use the
> minicom receive the data), and the speed is about 48KB/s(my ARM-core
> cpu's bogomips is 276). why the speed is so slow?
>     because our PC application based on the generic serial driver, so I
> have to use this driver, is there any way to enhance this?
>      I have try to enlarge the WRITE_BUF_SIZ from 8192 to 16K, but has
> little effect.

That is correct, the generic driver is very slow, and will stay that
way, sorry.

Please feel free to add your device id to the correct driver, which will
go much faster, what is the chip type in this device?

thanks,

greg k-h