Re: [linux-pm] xHCI and suspend/resume

On Tuesday, May 17, 2011, Dwight Schauer wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> OK, so for the S3 issue, I think there's a problem with the PCIe link
> >> on these devices such that the link is not present during resume
> >> and that's why commands are not reaching the device.  I'm not sure yet
> >> what to do about it, but I wonder if xhci_hcd does something around
> >> PCIe links on suspend?
> >
> > It doesn't seem so.
> >
> > Dwight, can you comment out the pci_disable_device(pci_dev); in
> > drivers/usb/core/hcd-pci.c and see if that makes a difference?
> >
> > Rafael
>
> I just tried that, but it has no effect on wakeup from S3.

OK, one more test, please.

Try to do

# echo core > /sys/power/pm_test
# echo mem > /sys/power/state

(that should simulate suspend, but without going into the BIOS, and it
should return do the command prompt after 5-10 sec.) and check if the
USB3 controllers work after that ("echo none > /sys/power/pm_test" resets
to the normal suspend behavior).

Thanks,
Rafael