Questions about USB core reset behavior

Random question time. :)

Do USB device drivers have to cancel all URBs that are pending for a
device before calling usb_reset_device?  Will the drivers have to wait
for the URBs to complete before resetting the device?

The specific random question I got asked by the chipset folks is:

"Before issuing a Port Reset, is there any condition that the driver
should remove the TD associated with the device?"

Not quite sure what to make of that, since I don't know EHCI internals.

The second question relates to the CLEAR_TT_BUFFER request, and it only
applies to an Intel EHCI controller with a built-in rate matching hub
(RMH).  The chipset folks want to know if a CLEAR_TT_BUFFER request
might be used before a port suspend or a port reset.

It looks like the EHCI driver automatically clears the TT buffer, except
when the host controller has a Transaction Translator built into the
root hub, or we need to clear a TT buffer on an external HS hub.  I
assume that means we won't clear the TT buffer for the EHCI roothub,
since this platform has a rate matching hub?

Sarah Sharp