Re: USB Disconnects / resets after commit b963801164618e25fbdc0cd452ce49c3628b46c8

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, Matej Kenda wrote:

> > It's worth noting that the log you posted does not indicate the real
> > reason for the problem.
>
> There are two logs attached to the bug:
>
> * one containing ext3 oops after the underlying USB disk disk was
> disconnected (collected remotelly using netconsole)
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/linux/+bug/701011/+attachment/1790089/+files/hudson-slave-last-part.log

I didn't see any ext3 oops in that file.  There were a few error
messages at the end, but no oops.

Like the log you posted earlier, this doesn't show an underlying cause.
It shows only an unprovoked disconnection at timestamp 262397.557075.
Given that, you should expect ext3 to complain -- naturally it gets
errors when the drive it was trying to use is disconnected.

> * another log is from the computer experiencing the problem,
> containing log from before the oops. The name of the files was created
> by Ubuntu's apport
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/linux/+bug/701011/+attachment/1790127/+files/WifiSyslog.txt

That has even less information than the first file.  It doesn't show
any errors at all that I can see, just normal operation.

Alan Stern