Re: USBCV MSC test failing

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, Roger Quadros wrote:

> I was busy with other things last week. I did play with a few things though.
> Don't have a fully working solution yet.
>
> I don't see the DELAYED_STATUS mechanism fitting well with the composite
> framework, because, for control transfers like SET_CONFIG, the composite
> framework is responsible for the status phase, unlike in file_storage.c where it
> is responsible for everything.

This sounds like a design flaw in the composite framework.  Maybe there
should be a control_complete() framework routine that the function
drivers can call when they have finished all processing needed for a
control transfer.

> One way to make it work would be to split the endpoint resetting mechanism and
> the FSG state machine's reset mechanism. Currently both are done in
> handle_exception.
>
> We could do the endpoint resetting synchronously in fsg_set_alt() and
> fs_disable() and leave the state machine resetting to be done in the thread
> (handle_exception) at leisure. This way we can ensure that we don't reset the
> endpoints again midway when the thread schedules.

I'm not sure that is possible.  The setup callback occurs in_interrupt,
so it probably is not able to do things like fsg_set_alt().

Alan Stern