Re: FTDI_SIO: digital radio device not working after upgrade from 2.6.34 to 2.6.36

Hi Steven,

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 21:48:05 +0800 you wrote:
> This evening I've found that adding two lines back into ftdi_set_termios
> fixes the problem - see below. I don't understand why I've been unable
> to achieve the same thing in userspace via the TIOCMBIS ioctl. Given
> that it is the clear_mctrl call that seems to make the difference, I'm
> trying to do the following after the initial call to tcsetattr.
>
>    int mask = 0;
>    ioctl(tty_fd, TIOCMBIS, &mask);
>
> But I'm a novice when it comes to this stuff so maybe this is completely
> wrong?

The exact code that I used (in a function called "set_rts") is:

    value = TIOCM_RTS;
    request = on ? TIOCMBIS : TIOCMBIC;
    ioctl ( SerHnd, request, &value );

(where "on" is set to 1) so I think your problem may be that mask is 0 in
your code. This would make sense, of course, because TIOCMBIS is a generic
"io control bit set" and needs an argument to tell it which bit.

Cheers,
Rob