Re: [RFC v3 4/6] USB: Fix usb_add_hcd() checkpatch errors.

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 08:24:47PM -0800, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> I am not sure why Greg did that to you, as I said DCO requires usable
> address, that's it.

The underlying principle is we need your own email address on the
Signed-off-by line, so we can contact you later in case a lawsuit comes
up.  If you're sending a patch from a different email address than is in
your signed-off-by, how are we to know it's actually yours?

> As you can see it is quite common practice so please do not invent new
> rules.

Yes, you can come up with a couple thousand patches (out of the ~200,000
patches in that range) that have sent differing committer emails and
Signed-off-by email addresses.

However, since you haven't sent me very many patches before or
communicated very much with me, I have no prior knowledge of what email
addresses you actually own.  So I'll ask you about your two different
email addresses, in case you have a bad mail config, just like I would
ask anyone else.  Please don't take it personally. :)

> Attached is a quick-n-dirty script I used to generate the list.

Nifty python script though!

Sarah Sharp