Re: How To Switch/Set Gadget Composite Driver Function

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011, Geary Sutterfield wrote:

> I apologize if this isn't the proper forum to ask this question.
> Please refer me somewhere else if it's not.
>
> I am working with a gadget composite driver on a Linux platform
> (actually an Android). The composite driver has several functions,
> including mass storage, an Android debug interface, and CDC ACM. I'd
> like for the gadget to use the CDC ACM function (or interface), but I
> do not see a way to switch to that specific interface on the device. I
> suspect it's possible because when the device is connected to a host,
> a dialog asks the user to select a mode. The current choices are "Mass
> Storage", "PC Mode" (which is the Android debug interface), and
> "Charge only". No option to choose CDC ACM.
>
> Can someone give me a clue as to how to switch to the CDC ACM
> interface using a composite driver? Or direct me to a resource that
> would help?

You're more likely to get a useful response on an Android-specific
mailing list.

However...  If the gadget really is built with those three particular
interfaces (as opposed to three separate configurations), then you
shouldn't have to do anything.  All three would be enabled all the
time.

What does the "lsusb -v" output for this gadget show?

Alan Stern