Re: [RFT/RFC] Driver for Samsung GT-B3730 (4G/LTE Dongle)

Den 01. mars 2011 13:44, skrev Sergei Shtylyov:
Hello.

On 28-02-2011 23:48, Marius Kotsbak wrote:

What I am wondering about is if how it is done in usbnet is suitable for such a high speed device (LTE), possibly very chatty on USB. I am suspecting
that it polls for incoming USB packets too infrequently (only through a
"tasklet_schedule", not continuously). Do you think that could be a case? If so, maybe the usbnet needs a flag for "continuous" polling (not sure if it is possible with USB bulk ports?) or write that part independently of the
usbnet code.

I recognized that when the errors are coming, during high load (like loading a web page with a lot of images etc.), I get status -EOVERFLOW on the urb. Does
this mean that the driver is not keeping up on reading the data?

   From Documentationusb/error-codes.txt:

-EOVERFLOW (*)          The amount of data returned by the endpoint was
                        greater than either the max packet size of the
                        endpoint or the remaining buffer size.  "Babble".

Thanks, I saw that. Is there any way to find out which of those two
conditions is the issue here? And what parameters are supposed to be tweaked
on when using "usbnet" module when this happens?

--
Marius