CONFIG_USB_GADGET_VBUS_DRAW minimum?

I have a Vantec NexStar USB3 dock using the JMicron chipset on a NEC chipset
motherboard hub. The motherboard is a Asus P6X58D-E

I am running 2.6.38-rc4 under Kubuntu

The dock is recognized but doesn't seem to work (writes not committed,etc.)
unless I set the default on CONFIG_USB_GADGET_VBUS_DRAW to 500 (well, that's
the only other setting I tried).  I'm assuming that the dock is mis-reproting
it's needs but was wondering why the default is set to 2 in kconfig.

I've asked the ubuntu kernel team and they referred me to you.

Is there problem or potential problem if the default setting is changed to
500?

Thanks
Dave Pyke

--