Re: high bandwidth ISO transfer and MUSB host

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 01:33:15PM +0000, mark205@xxxxxxxx  wrote:
> Il 10/02/2011 15:09, Felipe Balbi ha scritto:
> >Hi,
> >
> >(much better, thanks a lot. If you decide to send patches, you might
> >want to avoid format=flowed btw ;-)

> >>Hi, the cpu that I'm using now is the TI OMAP 3430 SoC 600 MHz ARM Cortex-A8
> >3430 uses RTL 1.4, if I remember correctly. There's a register to read
> >the revision ;-)
> >
> >>CPU 430 MHz C64x+DSP. I tried dmesg but there wasn't written the version,
> >>anyway it should be version 6.0 musb-dma otg. I really need this device
> >>working (even 1 frame/second).. The problem as I said, I don't think is the
> >>framerate.It gives me the I/O error (not enought bandwitdh) during the
> >>initialization phase, before setting the framerate rate.
> >Yeah, could you do a little favor ? run the commands below and the dmesg
> >output after you see the failure:
> >
> >(cable disconnected)
> ># dmesg -c
> ># echo 5>  /sys/modules/musb_hdrc/parameters/debug
> >
> >(connect cable, cause the failure)
> >
> ># dmesg>>  dmesg.txt
> >
> >reply this mail with the dmesg.txt attached :-) If you're using e.g.
> >minicom, you can save the output of the serial terminal, that'll do as
> >well.
> >

> Hi everybody,
>
> The output of the dmesg before plugging the cable and executing the program
> is:
> http://pastebin.com/Gj92qAWd
>

> The dmesg output after is:
>
> http://pastebin.com/gZ0DjRmB
>

> I have not found any RTL string in the dmesg output.. I don't know why but there isn't..
>
> The kernel is: kernel-power-2.6.28

This is quite old kernel. I'm sorry but I can't help you with that :-(
Are you using the stock n900 kernel ? That's completely different from
mainline.

Unless you can reproduce the error with mainline kernel and grab the
dmesg with mainline kernel, I can't help you. I'm sorry. Also, why are
you using PIO ? What are all those 8 bytes transfers ?

--
balbi