Re: high bandwidth ISO transfer and MUSB host

Hi,

(much better, thanks a lot. If you decide to send patches, you might
want to avoid format=flowed btw ;-)

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 02:58:58PM +0000, mark205@xxxxxxxx  wrote:
> >I have report from other people about the same. MUSB driver isn't really
> >good with high-bandwidth ISO as of today. To get it fully working, you'd
> >also need double buffering and I'm not sure how that's supported on the
> >host part of the driver.
> >
> >Which CPU are you using BTW ? and more importantly, which version of
> >MUSB RTL ?
> >
> Hi, the cpu that I'm using now is the TI OMAP 3430 SoC 600 MHz ARM Cortex-A8

3430 uses RTL 1.4, if I remember correctly. There's a register to read
the revision ;-)

> CPU 430 MHz C64x+DSP. I tried dmesg but there wasn't written the version,
> anyway it should be version 6.0 musb-dma otg. I really need this device
> working (even 1 frame/second).. The problem as I said, I don't think is the
> framerate.It gives me the I/O error (not enought bandwitdh) during the
> initialization phase, before setting the framerate rate.

Yeah, could you do a little favor ? run the commands below and the dmesg
output after you see the failure:

(cable disconnected)
# dmesg -c
# echo 5 > /sys/modules/musb_hdrc/parameters/debug

(connect cable, cause the failure)

# dmesg >> dmesg.txt

reply this mail with the dmesg.txt attached :-) If you're using e.g.
minicom, you can save the output of the serial terminal, that'll do as
well.

--
balbi