Re: Resetting SS device; SET ADDRESS

--- On Thu, 2/10/11, Sarah Sharp <sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > --- On Thu, 2/10/11, Sarah Sharp <sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok, that's good to know.  I'd like to poke
> around the
> > > hub code and see
> > > if we can come up with something better that
> avoids the
> > > reset.  In
> >
> > I don't mind the reset. I didn't find it to be too
> slow.
> >
> > As this is what works for me right now, I'll commit my
> patch to the
> > free-linux branch. Feel free to submit it as your own,
> or git-cherry-pick
> > it from the free-linux branch, or come up with
> whatever else.
>
> Ok, I'll probably submit it as my own patch with a
> Reported-by
> attribution to you, if I don't come up with anything
> better.

Please help all the readers of this mailing list understand: You'll cut and
paste the patch I posted and submit it as your own with a Reported-by
attribution to me?

Wouldn't it be appropriate to ask for a patch into master, which you can
commit with an Acked-by?

Every maintainer does it like this.

In fact, I think this is exactly what Willy did to my early patches to
uas.c--modified them without posting what's been modified, pissing Greg
off.  Here is to refresh your memory:
http://marc.info/?t=128829652800022&r=1&w=2

Are you realizing that today this is the 2nd time you've proven my point
about this "club"?

A diversified Linux development environment does NOT mean taking credit
for someone else's work: a day of debugging the kernel to try and find
out where the bug is.

    Luben