Re: Resetting SS device; SET ADDRESS

--- On Thu, 2/10/11, Sarah Sharp <sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > --- On Wed, 2/9/11, Sarah Sharp <sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> a patch to
> > > fix this?
> above.
> > >
> > > Please refrain from sexist comments.  "Old boys
> club"
> > > implies an
> > > exclusion of women.  Thanks.
>
> > I'm surprised you assumed that I'm a man. This is in
> itself sexist.
> > What if I were a woman?  Did you deduce my sex by
> my name?
>
> I would have made the same comment if you were a
> woman.  There are
> sexist women out there. I have heard women imply that
> certain things are
> "a man's job" before, and I have called them on it too.
>
> It's good to know you did not intend for your remarks to be
> interpreted
> as sexist, but they clearly have been.

You wouldn't find a more sympathetic person as far as Linux development
is concerned. Over the past 10 years we've seen the same people in
"Linux development" build careers out of "maintaining" the exact same
broken and misplaced code without much changes. No new people, no new
code (SCSI, iSCSI, wireless, etc).

> I suggest you
> read
> http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Nonsexist_language
> to gain some
> perspective on what other technical women think is sexist
> language.

And here you point me to a URL which has "feminism" in its title, thus proving my point: Sarah, instead of being riled up on "feminism" you shouldn't care what gender people are, as long as they do good work. You may be seen as a liability by Intel preaching "feminism" on a public forum. From their point of view: will you play the gender card on them.

Here is what you did: Instead of realizing that I was being _very_
sympathetic to a more diverse Linux development environment by using the
phrase "the old boys club", you pretended to take offense, not realizing
you're in fact becoming a liability.  That's okay. Honest mistake.

Speaking of this "club"... When will someone review my "uasp.c" driver? It
didn't even get a a review.  Will it make it into Linux? Or will you and
Willy, both from Intel, insist on keeping uas.c instead?

For a review, I have a branch called "free-linux" which includes that
driver. It is here: https://github.com/ltuikov/linux-2.6.git. The driver
is pretty much the same as I posted it here last year.

There is a more diverse Linux environment for you. :-)

    Luben