Re: high bandwidth ISO transfer and MUSB host

Hello.

mark205@xxxxxxxx wrote:

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 12:13:18AM +0000, mark205@xxxxxxxx  wrote:
Hi there,

I have a problem. I'm trying to use the Microsoft Kinect with old
processors and also with small devices such as mobile phones that run
linux.

The openkinect driver uses the libusb library in order to get the data
from the Kinect. I'm interested at the depth/rgb video data (even only
one image). The camera has two high-bandwidth isochrnonous endpoints,
each of which does two 960-byte packets per microframe

The main problem is that, during the initialization phase I get the
errno 28: not enough free bandwidth available to schedule the
isochronous packets of the transfer.

The output of lsusb -v is this:

http://pastebin.com/b4r2aSk4

There is this comment on the MUSB host controller driver:

/* Bits 11&    12 of wMaxPacketSize encode high bandwidth multiplier.
* Some musb cores don't support high bandwidth ISO transfers; and
* we don't (yet!) support high bandwidth interrupt transfers.
*/

Do you know if is it possible to modify maybe the openkinect driver in
order to get at least one depth image.
I tried to set the register in order to use the 15 hz framerate instead
of the 30 hz but the error I get happens during the initialization phase.

If you need more info I'm here :)

I have report from other people about the same. MUSB driver isn't really
good with high-bandwidth ISO as of today. To get it fully working, you'd
also need double buffering and I'm not sure how that's supported on the
host part of the driver.

Which CPU are you using BTW ? and more importantly, which version of
MUSB RTL ?

Hi, the cpu that I'm using now is the TI OMAP 3430 SoC 600 MHz ARM Cortex-A8
CPU 430 MHz C64x+DSP. I tried dmesg but there wasn't written the version,
anyway it should be version 6.0 musb-dma otg.

This is a driver's version. You were asked about the MUSBHRDC hardware version. It can be gleaned from dmesg's output -- look for "RTL version" string.

WBR, Sergei