Re: Resetting SS device; SET ADDRESS

--- On Wed, 2/9/11, Sarah Sharp <sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Can Intel or an old boys club member submit a patch to
> fix this?
> > Shouldn't be that difficult given the above.
>
> Please refrain from sexist comments.  "Old boys club"
> implies an
> exclusion of women.  Thanks.

I'm sure you understood very well what I meant, as I'm sure you very well
knew it wasn't directed at yourself the least.  However this being a
PUBLIC forum, people use every little opportunity to show either
handicap or dominance as long as it works out to their advantage in
the long run.

It wasn't meant as a sexist remark, far from it, and you wouldn't find a more sympathetic person than myself, given to what happened with uasp.c vs. uas.c, and other drivers and stacks (e.g. wireless, iSCSI) development over the years, regarding including anyone in Linux development.

I cannot care less who you are and what sex you're when it comes to anything, including Linux development. However in my 10 years contributing on and off here, I've seen the exclusivity of the Linux community, myself never being part of that exclusive club. People built careers of tinkering with Linux code, without actually being professionally involved in an industry. And unless you work for a company that contributes equipment and sponsors "Linux development" you're out and your code wouldn't even be reviewed (uasp.c vs. uas.c remember).

Linux is open source but closed community.

I'm surprised you assumed that I'm a man. This is in itself sexist. What if I were a woman?  Did you deduce my sex by my name?  Would you still have used the opportunity to show you're one and at a disadvantage in Linux development?

Do you think your patches would've been included as easily or at all if you had submitted them from a generic account unassociated with any company and have never visited a Linux conference? (given it was the same exact code)

Anyway pointless conversation, but good to point out how people change in PUBLIC forums.

    Luben