Re: gs_start_io() and gs_close()

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 10:21:44AM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Is there any relation to windows side application (hyper terminal, proprietary
> > application) for this behavior i,e, for not called gs_close() upon Close()
> > system call?
>
> Basically no, a serial link isn't carrying remote system call interfaces,
> it carries a serial bytestream.

You might be able to get behavior similar to what you are looking for (i.e.
notification of the host closing the port) if you can monitor the
flow-control signals.

I don't know if the gadget driver supports flow-control signals.  I know
some of the host-side USB/RS-232 devices do support them, but the gadget
driver is a completely different animal...

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P:  How about "Web Designer"?
DP: I'd like a name that people won't laugh at.
					-- Pitr and Dust Puppy
User Friendly, 12/6/1997