Re: gs_start_io() and gs_close()

We are using PC side "proprietary application" which communicates to the target
device using gadget serial driver (ttyGS0).

We are facing the issue, i.e when ever close is called corresponding gs_close is
not called in the kernel. Close() returns success(0) and error number is 22
(EINVAL). gs_close() is not called even though close system call is returned
success(0).

In order to verify the behavior,We have opened "hyper terminal" and communicate
to the target device using serail driver. Also if we issue "close" system call
from the device side then gs_close() is called.
Close() returns success(0) and error number is 25 (ENOTTY). This is correct
behavior.

Is there any relation to windows side application (hyper terminal, proprietary
application) for this behavior i,e, for not called gs_close() upon Close()
system call?

As per our understanding,gs_close should be called for every close system call.
if not called what could be the possible reason?

Please let me know your thoughts.