Re: Fwd: Need help on copying contents to a temp buffer from a mass storage device

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 12:25:16AM +0530, Umer Q wrote:
> >Copy the data from where to where by whom?
> >
> > You need to be a whole lot more more specific here.
>
> for eg:- a pen drive is plugged in , my background process will copy
> the file he opens to another folder without his knowledge.

What "background process"?  Who started that process?  With what rights?
How did that process get on the machine in the first place?

> so later i can see what he had inside the file .

Sure, if you want to read from the file, and you have the rights to do
so, you can read it.  No matter if it is encrypted or not.

Again, please describe, in detail, what you are trying to do here, it
really doesn't make much sense so far.

thanks,

greg k-h