Re: [RFC] usb: musb: allow dma engine to check compatibility with usb request

On 12/22/2010 12:43 PM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
With this patch dma can indicate in musb_gadget_queue() that there is
>no need to map the
>request I will not handle it in rxstate()/txstate().
Then you kill the possibility of using e.g. a bounce buffer to still
send the data via DMA.
DMA engine can choose not to implement ->is_req_compatible() call if they know they can make DMA work.

>>    and if you have to
>>fallback to pio (due to e.g. short packet) just go ahead and unmap the
>>buffer. No weird checks needed:-)
>>

>OK, thats minimum what I need.
Then do just that, when you're falling back to PIO, just unmap the
buffer.
I am planing to do that if I fail to convince you :)

Thanks,

--
Mian Yousaf Kaukab