Re: Request for xHCI testers

"Sarah Sharp" <sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
in message news:20101122213930.GA20489@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 06:27:17PM -0700, Benjamin David Lunt wrote:
>>
>> If I may, may I make another simpler request?
>>
>> At
>>
>>   http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/31146
>>
>> someone lists a debug listing. The xHCI HC setup starts
>> at [9.326886] and goes through [9.433096].
>
> If you're looking for performance results, you can't rely on timing from
> dmesg with xHCI debugging turned on.  Turning on debugging slows the
> submission and completion paths down.  I'm not sure what you're wanting
> to do with debugging output otherwise.

Hi Sarah,

You are right.  However, since there is little desire
in this list to run the tests I have, I was hoping to get
debug listings of the 2 controllers that are currently
on the market.  This will at least give me their capabilities.
I have the NEC/Renesas controller, but do not have
the Fresco Logic controller.  I have contacted Fresco Logic
and they have replied with answers to my questions, which
I am grateful for.  NEC has yet to reply, though with the
time that has lapsed, I doubt I will hear from them.

A small part of my tests are simply to check the initial
values of the controller's registers, especially the capability
registers.  I already know that neither of these two controllers
support Scratch Pad register space, but it would benefit me
a little to see the other capability register values of the
Fresco Logic.

I was hoping that there would be willing people to help
within this list, being the general idea of Linux is for
many to unite and donate their time to make it better.
However, I will simply purchase a Fresco Logic card
and make the tests myself.

Thank you all for your time.  I apologize if I was a bother
and hope I wasn't a waste of your time and/or bandwidth.

Sarah, thank you for your few emails in the past.

With regards,
Ben