Request for xHCI testers

Hello everyone,

I have an unusual request, and if you will allow,
a little background is in order before my request.

I started writing a book on USB some time ago, when
only UHCI and OHCI were available.  Later when EHCI
became available, I thought I should get back to it
but fell short.  However, now that xHCI has been
released, I have returned to the dedication I had
those years ago.

It is a book on how to program and use the four
common USB controllers, uhci, ohci, ehci, and xhci.
How to find them, set them up, communicate with,
and detect and communicate with any device attached.
There is no platform dependency, though I use FreeDOS
as the testing platform since it has no restraints
to port/memory mapped I/O.

Now to the request.  I am in the need of a testers
to verify my findings.  I have multiple controllers,
but would like my tests ran on other platforms to
broaden my results.

At http://www.fysnet.net/usb_help.htm I have a
bootable FreeDOS floppy image with instructions on how
to run my tests.  They are nothing more than finding
initial register values, PCI register values, along
with a few timing routines.  Hopefully later, I will
have a more detailed test package.

If you are willing to boot a test machine with the
image given above, please run the tests included.  I
would prefer the xHCI test, but would welcome all
four test results.

Please follow the included instructions[1], preferably
sending the results to the given email address.  However,
net etiquette suggests you post them here, though
either way would be fine.

Obviously, if you do not have a floppy disk drive,
and fewer and fewer machines do now, you will not
be able to run the tests.

If you do have a floppy drive, but it is an external
USB floppy drive, the test results will not be
recorded since the test will reset the controller
which in turn resets the drive to the default state.

With a strong desire not to create a flame war,
my primary development platform is not Linux
or Unix based.  Therefore, I do not have the knowledge
to develop these tests for a Linux based platform.
I apologize for this, and ask that any derogatory
remarks be kept to a minimum.

Thank you for your time,
Benjamin David Lunt

P.S.  I tend to include the names of all who have
assisted in any way.  If you do not wish for your
name to be included in my book, please let me know
in your reply.  Thank you, Ben

[1] The included instructions are designed for a DOS
based platform using the included INSTALL.COM app to
install the image to a floppy.  However, since you most
likely will be using Linux, please use the Linux based
procedure to copy an image to the floppy device.