the proper value of timeout of usb_control_msg

Dear all:
I know an usb packet transaction is 125 micro second and I see the
USB_CTRL_GET_TIMEOUT is 5000 ms.
If I try to send vendor specific command to control pipe for get
status of my dongle, which is 4 byes data long, can I shorten the
timeout value as 75 ms?
I try to set this value but I get timeout error in usb_start_wait_urb.
But 75ms seems longer enough for 125 micro second per transaction.
why I still get the time out error?
( I have monitored the bus and the found duration from setup token to
ACK of in toke from device is 22ms.
I know there might be some sw effort but 75-22= 53ms seems too long
for bringing back the data from QTD.)
appreciate your help,
vichy