Re: xhci: suspend/resume issues

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 05:56:02PM -0500, Don Zickus wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 10:59:07AM -0800, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 04:53:41PM +0800, Xu, Andiry wrote:
> > > I'm still wondering what happened in your case. When you say "Using just
> > > the latest code without your patches made suspend/resume work back into
> > > high speed mode (usb2)", does the USB3.0 HDD work fine in USB2.0 mode?
> > > (In this case the LED on the HDD will show green)
> > >
> > > If convenient, can your catch the dmesg with xhci debug flag on in both
> > > cases - with and without Sarah's patches?
> >
> > Yes, I'm also interested in this.
>
> Ok Here goes
>
> http://people.redhat.com/~dzickus/logs/dmesg.all5
> http://people.redhat.com/~dzickus/logs/dmesg.just4
> http://people.redhat.com/~dzickus/logs/dmesg.master
>
> where all5 is all 5 of Sarah's patches
> just4 is just the 4 from yesterday

The fifth patch had no effect on whether the device showed up as
SuperSpeed after a system resume, so I don't think it's needed.  Even
after the four I sent yesterday, the device still shows up as high speed
at first, which means USB persist won't work for it.  I'm going to look
into Alan Stern's suggestion to reorder the HS ports to be before the SS
ports.  I will probably need you to test again.

Thanks for working with me on this.

Sarah Sharp