Re: SAM-BA patch test on 2.6.35-22-generic failed.

When I built the modules, I did the following:

sudo make modules_install M=drivers/usb/serial

This has created a new directory here:

/lib/modules/2.6.35.4/extra/

with the modules (sam-ba.ko and usbserial.ko).

If I try modprobe like so:

t7@nbryan:/lib/modules/2.6.35.4/extra$ sudo modprobe sam-ba
[sudo] password for t7:
FATAL: Module sam_ba not found.

Note that the underscore has replaced the hyphen. Does it need an alias?

Why can modprobe not see the new module? I strongly believe that the
way I built and installed the driver is incorrect. I don't hack
drivers on a daily basis ;-)

But, and it is a big but, my original post shows that the sam-ba
module is present, has connected to ttyUSB0, but fails to transmit
to the SAM-BA boot loader on my Atmel board. As I mentioned, it worked
the first time, but subsequent tries have all failed so it is very
close to working and I believe you guys are careful so the problem
is most likely at my end.

Thanks for any further pointers.

Neil.