Re: Learning Usb programming in Linux from user space

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 11:00:13AM +0530, nidhi mittal hada wrote:
> Hi all
>
> i am learning how to communicate to usb interface in linux from user sspace in C
>
> I have read usb in nutshell and greg K H article in linux journal .
>
> I am working on simple data acquisitioon system .. which has to
> read/store data on usb ...
>
> I read from Greg's article that i need to use libusb for this purpose .
>
> Now i am stuck at usb_control_msg() and parameters to be passed in it .
>
> as i am not able to understand how to decide what should be value of
> parameters for normal pendrive with me ....

A pendrive is one of the most complex USB devices out there, you will
not be successful in writing a tiny driver to talk to it (it's really
SCSI over USB).  Becides we already have 2 drivers in the tree already
to control this device, why do you need/want another one?

First off, what specifically do you want to do here, and why do you want
to do it (i.e. the root problem you are trying to solve.)

thanks,

greg k-h