Learning Usb programming in Linux from user space

Hi all

i am learning how to communicate to usb interface in linux from user sspace in C

I have read usb in nutshell and greg K H article in linux journal .

I am working on simple data acquisitioon system .. which has to
read/store data on usb ...

I read from Greg's article that i need to use libusb for this purpose .

Now i am stuck at usb_control_msg() and parameters to be passed in it .

as i am not able to understand how to decide what should be value of
parameters for normal pendrive with me ....

Please guide ..  any good link document or example will be really helpful.

thanks

--
Thanks & Regards
Nidhi Mittal Hada