Re: Wakeup from suspend with ati_remote?

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 10:07 -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2010, Florian Echtler wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 10:45 -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> > I've checked all relevant /sys/.../power/wakeup files, and they all
> > contain "enabled". Nevertheless, still only the keyboard is able to wake
> > the machine... are there any other potential issues I could check?
> > One observation: the receiver's LED turns off when the machine is in
> > suspend, while the hub's LED is still on. Don't know if this has any
> > relevance...
> Hmm...  I see that the ati_remote driver doesn't support suspend/resume
> at all.  Can you use ati_remote2 instead?
No, not possible - despite the name, it's for a completely different
kind of hardware. I'm starting to suspect that despite the USB
descriptor claiming wakeup functionality, it's simply unimplemented...
was a pretty cheap device after all. Maybe I'll have a look inside at
some point and see if any parts are still powered in suspend.

Florian