Re: USB/Serial port stopped during computer stress testing

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 12:19:08AM -0700, Kevin Watts wrote:
> USB/Serial developers-
> ??? We were running some computer stress tests on our PR2 robot when
> we noticed an oops from the USB/Serial driver. The stress tests
> involve stressing the CPU, memory and networking (with a ping flood).
> We're using Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04) and kernel version:
>
> Linux version 2.6.33-29-realtime (root@lsd) (gcc version 4.4.3 (Ubuntu
> 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Thu Oct 14 13:21:28 PDT 2010

As you are using a heavily patched kernel, please ask for support from
the vendor providing that kernel.  Especially as this base kernel
version is no longer supported by the community anymore, and we have no
idea what patches are even applied to it.

But, if you can reproduce this using the 2.6.36 kernel release from
kernel.org, we will be very glad to help you resolve the issue.

thanks,

greg k-h