'tunneling' a usb connection

I have been trying to figure out whether it is possible to eg

plug an xbox game controller into the PC, then have a program forward all usb 'traffic' out through another usb port (via a male to male / specificly wired cable ) to the xbox 360, such that the linux PC doesnt do anything other than forward the data to the xbox console and back again.

Is this possible from the usb subsystems point of view? I'm reading up on the documentation but I just want to perhaps save myself a few weeks just to find out that its not possible.

Thanks in advance.

Ronan