Re: 2.6.36: couldn't find an input interrupt endpoint

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 8:02 PM, feng xiangjun <fengxj325@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> first of all, it's not a regression (all kernels pre-2.6.36 not work either).
>
> I just tried to use an usb security key with 2.6.36.
> It failed with message:
>
> usbhid 2-2:1.0: couldn't find an input interrupt endpoint

And indeed your HID device has not interrupt endpoint. I am not
so sure if this is a valid HID device or not. Some people seem
to suggest that HID device needs to at least have an Interrupt IN
endpoint. Last time we had a discussion in the libusb mailing list
but I did not remember the final conclusion.

Your HID device only uses the control endpoint for feature reports.

> Yes, in windows, it can be accessed by a proprietary program.

How does that program work? Is it a mini HID filter driver (like those
mini filter for your mouse/keyboard/gamepad which is used together
with a user space control program) or a user space program
(using native HID API)? If it is a user space program, you can try to
use libusb under Linux to simulate it.

Basically you need to reverse engineering the device (using
USB sniffer) before you can try to use it under Linux.

--
Xiaofan