Re: Analysis of USB 2.0 HUB TT scheduling + suggested fixes

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, Hans de Goede wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The last 3 days I've been working on (*) getting a few usb-1.1
> webcams to work when connected through a usb-2.0 hub.
>
> *) And also doing a lot of reading of ehci-sched.c and the usb 2.0
> standard.
>
> This mail is an attempt to organize my thoughts, point out
> what I believe are bugs in the current code and suggest some
> enhancements.

I haven't read through your entire message; it was pretty long.  But
before you go too far, you should look at these threads from over a
year ago:

	http://marc.info/?t=123819006900007&r=1&w=2
	http://marc.info/?t=124404685600001&r=1&w=2

They probably incorporate much of what you have discovered -- along
with a lot of extra confusion and irrelevancies.  :-)

Although a lot of problems were discussed and identified, no code has
been written yet.  That's mostly because I have been working on lots of
other things and this looks like it will be a big job.

Alan Stern