Re: CDC ACM interrupt endpoint polling

Hi!

 >  Am Freitag, 22. Oktober 2010, 09:52:34 schrieb Yauheni Kaliuta:

 > > 2) Since DTE (host) should check DSR only after DTR is set, gadget should
 > > skip any notification after host removes DTR. When DTR is set, it sends the
 > > notification. My nokia n82 behaves that way. From one side it looks like a
 > > violation of the spec, on the bus there are 2 notifications about the same,
 > > but according to the spec, the notification should be send only if there is
 > > a change in the line state. But well, internally there was a change, just
 > > there was no notification sent.
 > >
 > > Problem here is with the current linux host driver, which remembers the
 > > state of previous session, it (host) may start to send data before DSR and
 > > DCD actually set on the gadget side. So, the race again.

 > I am afraid we cannot depend on any particular behavior on the gadget side.

 > > 3) host side doesn't rely on the previous state, reset it and expects a
 > > notification after it sets DTR. Looks reasonable, but if there is no change
 > > on the gadget side (it may keep application running, carrier ..., why
 > > not?), then host never receive the notification.

 > It seems to me that the driver is buggy in as far as it depends on any state
 > kept over a period of not polling the device. It may have undergone
 > reset_resume() for example.

Can I be sure, that after

SetControlLineState(0,0)
<stop polling>
SetControlLineState(1,1)

gadget always send a notification SerialState? As I described, I see in the
spec a possibility, when it doesn't. Does anybody know such a gadget?

But if we assume that, I'll send patches, which

1) reinit host side line state to 0 before enabling notification
2) make gadget to not to send anything after it get SetControlLineState(0,0).

--
WBR, Yauheni Kaliuta