about swapping the dummy qtd in qh_append_tds

Hi all,

Sorry for bothering you. : )

The problem is that I don't understand why swapping dummy qtd is
needed in queue requests. After tracing the code, I know that dummy
qtd is already in the qtd list of qh, and the host controller must see
dummy qtd before the new qtd list is added to queue head. But what is
the difference if dummy qtd is not used to swap the first qtd entry ??
and the source code's comment say that the method can "avoid racing
the HC". I can't figure out why swap dummy qtd is related to "avoid
racing the HC" ??

Could someone please help me to figure this out ??

thanks