Re: Regarding bug 18422

Fredag 24 september 2010 21:45:28 skrev du:
> Did you check the dmesg log?  Did you make sure that the modified
> driver module was loaded?

I will check again.

> The logs do show a difference.  It involves the baud rate; the
> not_working log sets a baud rate of 115200 whereas the working log sets
> a baud rate of 9600.  That's the problem with using "cat" on a serial
> port -- you have no control over the port settings.  Instead you should
> use a program designed for serial ports, like minicom.

Sure. I did make a small application that just openens the device and closes
it again which the same result.

> I don't know why the higher baud rate caused the open call to block.
> And I don't know what caused the difference in baud rates.  It could be
> some other program completely, like a network manager trying to use the
> serial port for a network link.

It that correct. AFAIK the baudrate is set after getting af filedescriptor from
the open call - at least from a user-space perspective. Correct me of I'm
wrong :)

I have tried it in single user mode and open still blocks, so I guess that
other applications are not a problem.

Reloading pl2303 and usbserial brings thing in a working state in any
runlevel. Reloading pl2303 only is not enough, so maybe it relates to
usbserial too. I will add DEBUG in that source file also I think.

> If you want.  You started this conversation by posting to linux-usb.
> Instead you could have added linux-usb to the bug report's CC list and
> held the conversation that way.

I would be happy to add the list to this bug but bugzilla tells me that the
list address does not match anything.

--
/Søren Holm